Thursday, March 8, 2012

blog 1 Diagnostic


Hype



                In the article, “Hype,” the author Kalle Lasn writes how our society is polluted by advertisements. The author reports that our brain receive approximately three thousand marketing messages per day. We see advertisement everywhere, such as gas stations, supermarkets, class room  and drive ways. The author seems miss “Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony” in his head in the silent moments of his life; however, I like advertisements because of several reasons.

                My major is business. I would like to import cosmetics products from other countries to my country, Japan in the future. Learning products to people is the “key” for selling the products. Nobody buy unknown products especially cosmetic products because some of them are expensive, and people will not take a risk. Therefore, advertisements are significant companies’ strategies for selling their products. I like advertisements, and I like think about how advertise my future products to people.

                The other reason why I like advertisements is we can learn information from them. I have wanted to see the show which is performed by Chinese dancers ( I forget the name of the show) since I missed to see the show in the summer of 2010. Today, I often see the show’s advertisements on the streets and newspapers. They say they are going to perform in this April again. I have never searched their information myself. It came to me through the advertisements from newspapers and on the streets. I am glad to know this information and, I will definitely see the show in coming April.

                 I like advertisements. Those are “key” of companies strategies for selling their products, and we can know information which we want through them. Of course, we can say they pollute our brain; however, we are fine with advertisements since we can ignore the advertisements which represent information we do not need, and the advertisements which represent the information we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment